Pages

Friday, January 9, 2009

Feeling good...

I have to say that the past 10 days have been much easier than I thought they would be. Giving up meat wasn't bad. I actually feel really good. Especially since the past few days, I have increased my veggie intake, along with adding new seeds to my salads. I have noticed that I'm eating a lot of bread, though. Oh, how I love bread. I will weigh again on Monday. I hope the bread intake doesn't hurt me.

Sprouting seeds and nuts is so easy. And they taste so good! Processed foods have lost their appeal to me. They don't taste good at all. Even B has noticed that. He no longer craves Wendy's or other fast food. Not even pizza. Even though he has been eating meat, he is getting more veggies, and hasn't complained about it.

And I think I've almost kicked my headaches. I had very little sugar yesterday and none so far today. I'm hoping that will continue to help. Sprouted flax seed helps to control hormones and I think that has helped my headaches tremendously.

I did give myself my Enbrel shot on Wednesday. It was easier this time, since I knew what to expect. It hurts a little. I wonder if that's because it's cold. I might try to let it warm up to room temperature next time. That substitute nurse didn't fax in my paperwork to Enbrel for my free month supply of the meds the way she was supposed to. My doctor's real nurse was ticked off about that. I have to go on Monday and fill it out again and then pick up the free meds by Wednesday.

0 comments: