I woke up in moderate pain this morning. Still much better than the severe pain I had experienced for 4 weeks, but bad enough that I broke down and took some Naproxin. Hey, 3 days without it or Advil was awesome! Hopefully, the next time will be 5 days or more. I'm pretty sure it's the storm that moved in yesterday.
I've been stressing out because of Rebecca's baby blessing meal on Mar. 7. The Jewkes family always has a get-together for a meal after a baby blessing. I have no idea what to do. I've never fed that many people.
I woke up mourning the relationships I've lost over the past year. I couldn't stop thinking about them. It hurts my heart. I quickly read the status updates in FB and then checked my email. I had an email from my best friend from high school. We've had our ups and downs over the years of HS and a little while after that. We lost touch somewhere along the way. I remember feeling like she hated me for some reason. We were so close at one time and then things just went sour. I haven't talked to her in years. She asked me to forgive her for the things that she said and did and for losing touch. We both are totally different people now. I am going to write her back and embrace her. I just don't know what to say. I'll need a little time. I just can't believe that someone actually apologized to me and asked for my forgiveness. That's a rare thing in my life. Usually, people just say or do whatever they want to me and don't give a darn about how it makes me feel. I am humbled.
It further reaffirms my belief that if you truly want to keep a friendship, you will communicate and try to understand what the other person is thinking instead of jumping to conclusions. I am truly grateful for the friends I have who don't judge. The ones who don't make me feel like I always owe them an explanation. The ones who truly understand me and make that effort. I hope I can be as good of a friend as they are to me. I just need to believe that people do love me and not doubt that.
Maybe it's not going to be "one of those days," after all.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment