Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

Wow, what a ride!

Oh, sheesh! It's been crazy since Friday the 29th! I had my first awful performance evaluation. Is my performance really that bad? No. It's not a coincidence that my boss resigns suddenly and then I get my first bad PE. It's these two crap people I'm working with right now. I left my supervisor's office devastated. I hate failure. I felt as if I had been stabbed in the back, blindsided and just downright angry. Most of it was finger-pointing that wasn't my fault to begin with. The bad attitude, yes it's my fault. It's because my job stinks. I'm so stressed out with it. I hate it. I've been treading water for the last year. I don't remember the last time I looked forward to coming to work.

B and I took the weekend and most of last week to think and pray about what to do. I had **almost** made the decision to resign my position and on Wednesday, I got an email from a coworker pointing fingers at me again. I wrote her back and told her that I did NOT make those mistakes and proved to her why it was done the way it was. (And she still hasn't apologized to me.) I told B when he picked me up that I'm done. As soon as I made the decision to resign, I felt as if the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. It was the first decision about my job that I've made that I feel extremely good about. Holy cow, the difference!

So, what to do now? I have wanted to leave my job for a while, but I kept thinking that I didn't have much longer before I'd have a baby and I'd be a SAHM and if I could just hang in there until then.... Well, I can't live like that anymore. I have to follow my dreams. I want to work with animals. I've always loved animals. I feel like I have a way with them. After all, that deer started to come to me at Yellowstone when I was talking to it. I decided that I'd go back to school to become a Veterinary Technician. I'm so excited! I already tested out of one class. I'm sure more will follow with my transcripts. I can hardly wait to start school on the 29th!

Oh, and I did turn in my resignation, effective September 19. I'm counting the days. I feel like a new woman. B said he's excited to have his wife back! I'm excited to be back!!!!!!!

0 comments: