Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 4....

I'm so tired. But, I figure I have more than the toxins making me tired. I started spotting last night and it's red now. I think af is showing her ugly face. Blech! And I'm preparing for a doozy this time around. I'm cramping like crazy right now. No wonder I've been craving that big ole steak from Sizzler the past couple days. I always crave red meat around time for af.

I told my chiropractor yesterday about the cleanse and my ankle. He loved the idea of my doing the cleanse. The doctor who developed the cleanse spoke at his school. He knows all about it. He said that he was glad I'm doing it and is really stoked that it's helping me. Especially with the 5.8 lb weight loss already this week. He also scolded me a little about my ankle. He said that I should've stopped wrapping it last Sunday and that I need to try really hard to not walk with a limp. It still hurts. He said that the bruising and swelling are gone, so I should still ice it at least once per day and try not to overdo it, but to walk on it as much as I can. We walked to work today, for the first time since I sprained it. It hurts. I'm trying not to limp, but it really hurts right now. I am glad it's much better now.

I think my working to be more positive is helping me. I also think I'm making progress. I decided to try not to say negative things about people anymore. It's hard sometimes just because it's my nature to be critical. My parents were, my college was. I notice some details that others never would. I try to be observant without being judgmental. But I always tend to think things like, "I would never wear that," or "that looks horrible on her," or "What a jerk! He had no right to say that!" I wonder if I can stop doing that? We'll see. I wonder how often I cross the line between making an observation and judging? And how many people see it as a judgment, even though I'm just observing? Sigh.

Anyway, I think I'm going to have B take me to Sizzler for dinner. I'm starving. The plan allows for a lot of food so that you're not hungry. I just haven't had much today and it's my own fault. I couldn't get moving this morning, so I only had time for chia and flax for breakfast. A banana for my snack, 3 1/2 slices of turkey and a big serving of spinach for lunch and a peach for my snack. Just for the record, I was supposed to eat a whole lot more than that. I'm such a slacker. I'm just tired. Maybe I can get B into bed before 11pm tonight. **Yawn**

0 comments: