Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Made It

I actually made a decision. It's been one of the most difficult one I've had to make in a long time. After much debating and research, I finally decided to pray about it and, after finding out my copay on the $1,500 drug is only $20, I need to start the Enbrel. My appointment with my rheumatologist is on the 19th. I'll tell her then and we'll get started. I hate taking medicine. I have to be hurting pretty badly to even take Advil. Even though I'm having such mild symptoms (nothing like the total pain I had months ago), I know that the disease is eating away at my joints. I feel so helpless knowing that my body has turned on itself. I feel better knowing why my immune system is attacking my joints, but I don't like it any better.

I don't want to end up crippled because of damage from the inflammation. My ankle has been very sore lately and I've had mild pain in my hands. Probably the change in the weather. My doc told me that my rheumatoid nodules will go away with the medication, too. That will be another relief because they hurt.

This week has been busy. I finished training on Wednesday. I have been without internet since then because my thin client won't play nice with our network. It was either work or internet and I had to sacrifice my internet because I had to work. Right now, my thin client is not connected. B will contact the company's tech support on Monday to get it to work with our network.

B and I raked leaves at our stake center tonight. It took us 3 hours. I've never raked so much in my life. Every inch of my body hurt. I actually took 4 Advil because I hurt so badly. (I'm also still sore from the tough Tae Bo workout from yesterday.) I'm glad we did it. Service always makes us feel better.

0 comments: