Autoimmune diseases suck in so many ways. Especially RA. I mean, not just the pain. Why did my body turn on itself? Why are my cells attacking my joints and anything else it can? Ugh! I'm actually pretty optimistic right now, but I can't help but wonder what went wrong.
When I found out exactly what the process was that is involved with RA, I started asking a lot of questions. I mean, what is the problem with my T-cells? Why do they keep dumping all the antibodies into my system and attacking in a random way? Could this be why I have had a miscarriage and two chemical pregnancies? I mean, I know that I am supposed to have children and why do I not have them yet? It's been 3 years. I've been promised in multiple blessings that I will have my own children in this life. Could my T-cells be attacking my baby? Is that why my pregnancies have never progressed?
The answer is yes. Now I mourn all the losses that may have been that I did not know about. My immune system has always been super good at what it does. Typically, I heal quickly and efficiently. Doctors have always commented about that. And there have been several studies that I have run across that found that women with autoimmune diseases have a higher risk at miscarriage, or the fertilized egg never implanting properly because the immune system attacks it since it contains foreign genetic material from the father. So, I have to suppress my immune system before I can carry a baby to term.
I'm glad to know the answer, but am sad that it took this long to figure it out. I pray that as I begin Enbrel this week, B and I will be able to come to terms with this new information and that this will be the answer to our prayers.
And, I'm researching something new. I'm considering gradually becoming vegan. I can't believe I'm even considering it. I love meat. Steak is my favorite. That's my Popa's doing. He loved his steaks. We charcoal grilled them whenever we got a chance. As you may know, I prefer holistic approaches for health problems to most Western medicine. I don't believe that taking a pill will cure your problem. It usually creates new ones. We have friends who are not only vegans, but they eat all raw. They overcame huge health problems that way. We spent a couple hours with them yesterday and told us a lot of what they know. We left feeling a little overwhelmed, but I felt like I'd found what I was looking for. I don't like the idea of taking Enbrel for long. I wondered how I can naturally get my body to stop attacking itself. Craig challenged me to give up meat for one week and to see how I feel. We can get our protein from plants as easily as getting it from meat. I'm praying and researching those options right now. The food they gave us to taste was delicious. And she lost 100 pounds eating like that and she eats all she wants and doesn't gain anything.
I've been so blessed these past several weeks since I got back to my spiritual journey. I feel like I've been led in so many things. I will move forward in faith, with a smile on my face and great and strong purpose in my heart. I know that God works miracles, all it takes is just a little faith to get us started.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment