Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

I think I'm ready



Since we've told all our parents and grandparents, and things are going really great this time, I think I'm ready to blog about how we're getting the best Christmas present ever! I'm pregnant and we're due just before Christmas!

Last Thursday, we went to my RE's office for an ultrasound. I had been praying that we'd see the heartbeat (even though it was still kind of early, 6weeks 2days) and that the baby would be measuring ahead. Guess what!?! We got to see and hear the precious heartbeat - 115bpm, which is very good. And the baby was measuring 6weeks 5days - 3 days ahead!

We feel very optimistic this time around. We've never made it this far. The farthest we've gotten was with the first one. We thought we were over 7 weeks, but the ultrasound showed that the baby hadn't developed much over 5. To see and hear the heartbeat made me bawl like a baby. We're so happy. This one is going to make it.

My due date, according to my chart or cycle, was December 22. But with the baby measuring ahead, it's now December 19. That will give us a little more time to have the baby and get home by Christmas. lol But, I expect the baby will come when he or she's ready. Bryant joked that we've put in our order with the stork and asked for a boy, but either will do nicely. I have a feeling he's a boy, but I am not sure. I really don't care. I just want a healthy baby to hold in my arms come December.

I'm supposed to be working, but I'm struggling with that. I've had a lot of nausea and fatigue. Combine that with pregnancy brain and I'm in a lot of trouble. I can't think of or remember anything lately. I feel like if I just stayed in bed, I'd be doing good.

Today, I'm 7weeks 2 days. Less than 5 weeks until I'm in the 2nd trimester. I'm seeing a maternal fetal medicine doctor. I have another appointment with him and an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm excited to see what he says.

This is going to be a crazy week. Josh is getting married on Friday. Mandy, his fiance, is getting her endowment in the Provo Temple tomorrow and G&G Duerden are supposed to be staying with us Wednesday night. No house cleaning got done over the weekend. Can anyone come help? Between the smell of the dishes and the super tiredness, I can't get anything done anymore. And I'm so happy for all of it!

1 comments:

Lisa said...

HOW DID I MISS THIS ALL WEEK!?!?!?! YEAH!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Looks like your dreams are coming true! (((hugs)))