Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Thoughts

I haven't been complaining about my morning sickness or other discomforts of pregnancy. I'm just stating what I'm experiencing. I had a few days of reprieve this past week, at least until Thursday afternoon. It came back with a vengeance. What do I have to say about that? At least I know that the baby's ok. :)

According to my pregnancy calendar, the baby is now a fetus. That's a relief! I've also been wondering if I have to actually be 13 weeks pregnant before I reach the second trimester. I don't know if I truly understand how that works. My pregnancy calendar listed 3 different ways of figuring it out. According to the Developmental way, I'll start the second trimester on June 9. I'm all for that. It means that I have a week from Tuesday! That's at 12 weeks, starting my 13th week.

We braved Wal Mart downtown early this afternoon so that we could get me some grits. I've been craving grits. It's the only place I knew for sure that I had seen them out here. We went ahead and got our water from there, too. While Bryant was filling up our water jugs, I went and looked at baby stuff for the first time. I really enjoyed it, at least until a bunch of people started crowding me. Then, I had to show Bryant. It's really starting to feel like it's real and I'm keeping up the positve thoughts about delivering the baby and bringing him/her home in December.

I'm having the weirdest dreams. I guess that's normal. I already had weird dreams, but now they've reached a new level. And I'm trying to convince myself to quit looking at the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom. I wore myself out pushing the buggy with 15 gallons of water and all the other groceries all over the store.

Gatorade has become my new best friend. Water doesn't sit well on my stomach. But, the Gatorade works really well. At least I'm staying hydrated. I was so excited that we found the blue Glacier kind in powder today. It's much cheaper than buying the bottles.

I'm quite content and happy. Even though I've had to give in and eat meat occasionally. I already had a hard time staying away from eggs and cheese, so I was allowing myself one day I could have stuff with eggs or cheese. Now, it's pretty much all the time. Boiled eggs have been good to me. And we had lasagna today. It was the 5 cheese kind that I found at Wal Mart. It was the best stuff! I'll have to get that again.

0 comments: