People may say that it's silly to be so upset about an election. It doesn't really matter to me what those people think. I chose to believe in a man who is honest, who chose to continue to run on his own merits instead of turning the tables on his opponent when his opponent started running a negative campaign where he lied about Tim supporting things that he did not. And after this opponent was supplied with proof that his accusations were unfounded, he did not back down. He continued to run the ads. People believed him, apparently. I can't believe Tim lost. We need him. We don't need another lawyer who is looking after his own interests. At the moment, I can't even believe that he'll listen to his constituents any better than his predecessor did. This man even flaunted his religion to get votes. I don't give a rat's hiney if he's LDS or not.
I can't even believe the reasons some people vote for a certain candidate. Flip a coin - REALLY? You've got to be kidding me. Because his campaign called you fewer times? That's stupid or at the very least irrational. Because of the person's religion. OMGosh! I am so disappointed in these people. It's an insult to those of us who put our precious time into finding out what each candidate represents, going to rallies, meeting the candidates, watching debates and THEN deciding which one will better represent us.
I have a blue personality. I'm very sensitive. This means that I've been let down a lot and suffered a lot of heartache. I've tried to change that many times. But then, I figured out that my sensitivity allows me to be more empathetic and allows me to be more spiritual. I don't want that to change.
I'll eventually get over the disappointment, but it will take quite a bit of time. I can't vote for the lawyer in November. I doubt that will change unless I see some kind of penance from him. I'm not really worried about the Democratic candidate since Utah is so Republican. So, if I don't vote in that particular election in November, it won't make a difference. I just don't see any alternatives at this point. I know that Tim is backing his opponent for the good of the party, but I can't bring myself to that point. I'll vote for governor and the Congressional race, but not the Senate race.
Let's see, what's the bright side? Well, I don't really see one at the moment. I think I'll take a relaxing bath and try to sleep. Maybe things will look better in the morning.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment