I'm actually sitting here on my desktop PC today. That doesn't happen often. I got up at 8am, fed Rebecca, gave her back to her dad (who was still in bed), went to water aerobics and came home to find that Daddy and daughter are sound asleep. It's really nice to have this time to myself and my thoughts.
What are my thoughts? Well, one of them is that I'm craving sausage biscuits from Carl's Jr. They have Hardee's biscuits now. Of course, it's too late to go get one. But, I should not be eating them anyway. I figure they will just make me sick. I can't eat junk food anymore. I don't know how in the world I used to eat that way all the time.
No matter what I did, I couldn't get the pain in my hands to go away. I had a blessing on August 1 from a very dear friend from SC. It was a beautiful blessing. In it, he said that I would be healthy, my body would be strong and my immune system would function properly. During the blessing, I felt the pain leaving my hands. By the next day, it was completely gone. How grateful I am for that. My RA is completely in remission now. I pray that it stays that way for good.
I've been learning a lot of lessons the past several months. I think that being a parent must accelerate those lessons. For the most part, I haven't been getting upset over small stuff. I have looked for the good in people instead of always seeing the bad. That takes a lot of effort, especially with some people who just beg to offend others by not watching their tongues or are always judging without knowing what they're seeing. These are my challenges. Loving others is something else I'm working on. Some people just make it hard to love them. And some days, I just don't feel like loving people. But, I have made progress. I can't perfect these things overnight. I'll just keep plugging along.
Onward and upward. :)
Monday, September 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









0 comments:
Post a Comment