I lost 2 pounds last week. That's amazing since we lifted weights only on Saturday. On Friday, we were both worn out and just went straight home.
As I sit here, waiting on B to fix whatever is wrong with is books that he wants to download to his music player, I feel a little down. Why do I feel down? Why do I feel like I need to do something out of the ordinary? I want to get out of here. I want to go to the beach. Someplace where I can be at peace and just relax.
Back when I first moved to the Salt Lake area (I used to live in Draper, 20 miles south of SLC), I used to take a drive out to the country at least every few weeks. Maybe that's what it is? Maybe I need to get out of here even more now that I live downtown. I'm such a country girl, I really don't know exactly how I live in the city. But, I do really want to go to the beach. I'm craving it. Back home, I could go to the beach in a day trip. Here, it would take a day just to drive there. Hohum.
I am feeling much better from the sinus infection. I hate taking antibiotics and allergy medicine. But, at least it helps. Hopefully, the pollen won't last much longer. Man, to be a desert, there sure is a lot of pollen.
I really am going to bed now.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Glad you are starting to feel better. I hope you can take a day or two and go out to the country. Everyone needs to relax like that now and again or else you'll go crazy!
Congrats on the 2 pound loss!
2 pounds is still 2 pounds! Although, I'm sure you were hoping for better numbers it's still a LOSS and is still getting you closer to your goal. WTG!
We used to feel the same way when we were in Provo. Periodically we'd just have to take a drive and get out of the city. Usually for us that meant Provo Canyon, Hobble Creek (Springville) or Spanish Fork Canyon. I think you and B should make a date to have a picnic up in one of the canyons this Saturday. You could pair it with a hike and get some cardio in. ;)
Post a Comment