Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Name change, working out, and other thoughts

I decided that since we're not ttc right now, I'd write about our weight loss journey. So I felt it would be appropriate to adding to the name of this blog weight loss.

I've been thinking about a lot of things lately. Last night, dh and I went to the gym. I should be a trainer because I pushed him hard. He said that when people ask him today about why he could hardly move, he'd have to say that his wife kicked his butt at the gym last night. haha. I don't think I pushed him too hard. I think Brent would've done the same thing. On the other hand, I don't think I pushed myself hard enough. I underestimated my strength. I was very, very strong when I was working out before. It seems to be coming back quickly. I put a wimpy 50 pounds on the leg press! WTH is that all about? It felt like nothing. I got up to 90 pounds and I figure that's where I should start from next time. These were our first 3 workouts, so some adjustments will have to be made today, tomorrow and Saturday.

I'm starting to remember how good I felt when I was being this active before. It's amazing! I don't drag myself out of bed every morning, I don't feel every twinge and cramp (maybe that's because I feel the soreness haha), I am in a better mood, I just feel more like myself, finally for the last year or so! It pleases me so much. I feel better about myself, too. I feel pretty again, even though I'm still fat.

We get to watch my friend c/w's little 6 month old girl tonight. I'm excited about it. She's a doll.

1 comments:

KarenMM said...

Good for you for working out! Don't overdo it. I know the saying is "no pain, no gain" but don't pull anything or you won't be able to work out.