Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

I feel good....

So, my doctor called earlier this week and said that I have a very high rheumatoid factor. I was actually trying to find my keys so that I could go to my podiatrist follow-up appointment. I could not find them and I looked everywhere. I was frustrated because of something else, too. So, when he called, I lost it. Thank goodness that right as I started crying, Bryant showed up.

I remember a year ago, my rheumatologist told me that I probably had the start of Rheumatoid Arthritis because of the pain in my hands. So, my primary doctor thinks that the lumps on my thumb and elbows are rheumatoid nodules. I researched them and they only happen in active cases of RA. I don't want RA. I'm way too young to have it. I know I have a good friend who has had it since she was a teenager. Things like this weren't supposed to happen to me.

I haven't had pain in my hands since I started the cleanse, at least until Fall finally showed up. One has hurt a bit the past few days. My Palindromic Arthritis hasn't bothered me in months (knock on wood). So, what's the deal with this? I have been so bummed out about it this week. At least until a talk in General Conference by Elder Wirtlin. That helped a lot.

So, on Thursday, my new rheumatologist's office called and said that she can't see me until November 12, despite my primary doctor trying to get me in asap. The woman wasn't friendly and said that it's going to take that long because I cancelled the appointment I had in September. What? I'm being punished for not being able to make it in on September 4 because of work stuff? You know, I didn't really want to see her anyway. I never felt good about it. I think I'll find another rheumatologist. Sheesh. I don't really want to go anyway. All my old RD (he retired, this new one picked up his patients) ever wanted to do was put me on disease modifying drugs that were not safe for TTC.

Well, despite all this, I feel good. I feel like doing things. I guess I've lost more weight. I haven't weighed. My clothes don't fit. I can get around so much better. RA? What are you talking about?

0 comments: