Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Relief and Excitement

I am starting the cleanse tomorrow. I ate whatever I wanted the past few days. I won't be able to have anything but lean meats, fruits and veggies for the next 8 weeks. No free meals, either. But, I need to do this because I must get control over my health.

I got a letter from my doctor on Saturday that I have IBS. My tests came back negative for Celiac. I'm so relieved! The numbers they need for a positive for Celiac is greater than 19. Mine was 2! Phew! Now, I have the daunting task of figuring out what my triggers are. If I have any trouble over the next 8 weeks, I'll know if any of the 3 things listed above cause them. Of course, it would be specific foods, like tomatoes or something like that. If tomatoes is one of my triggers, I will be sooooo sad because I love tomatoes.

We have a great exercise plan. We'll be doing water aerobics at Sorenson on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. On Tuesdays, we'll do deep water aerobics at the one at the U. On Fridays and Saturdays, we'll probably just go to the gym. I'll need to get in a sauna and sweat 6 days a week to keep from getting sick from the toxins leaving my body.

Goodbye cheese, bread and such. At least for a couple months. It was great! But, for the long run, it's necessary to go our separate ways. I'll be back, don't worry.

0 comments: