Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

How can you be sad and relieved at the same time?

It looks like we'll be taking a 6 month TTC break. Or will it be? We're not going to prevent, but I'll probably stop temping again and we won't pay any attention to when I ovulate. Whatever happens, happens.

Brent told me to lose a certain amount of weight before I get pregnant. That will take me 6 months. See, I either have IBS or Celiac Disease. Going to the doctor for my ankle gave me the opportunity to tell my doctor that I think I have IBS. He said it could more likely be Celiac disease. I was hoping to know this week, but I haven't heard from him. He'll be gone next week, so I won't find out for another week and a half. So, Brent wants me to get on this plan, called the Life Force plan. He says that he did it after having some major health issues for the first time in his life late last year. He said it really works. So, if I adhere to the strict diet (which is just a little more strict than the Celiac diet), and take the supplements to get rid of the Candida in my body, I should be preparing my body for weight loss and get rid of my digestive problems as well as my arthritis, fatigue and other stuff.

From my research, Celiac is related to miscarriages, IF problems and pregnancy problems. Blech!

I ordered the supplements yesterday. They shipped today. I should get them Monday. I go through 8 weeks of the diet and supplements and then Brent will do my bodyfat again. Of course, I'll be exercising during the program, so hopefully, I'll drop a bunch of weight during that time.

Whether I have IBS or Celiac, I will have to stick to a certain way of eating for my entire life. I can't go back. I can't slip. If I do, then I will have to deal with the pain and aggravation. So, I might as well get at it now. I'd rather not experience the pain and nausea and crap I've endured for the past year or two.

***IBS is a large intestine disorder. Celiac Disease is where I may be allergic to gluten. The small intestine's "fingers" that absorb nutrients may be damaged due to the toxins and stop functioning properly. It takes anywhere from months to years for them to heal after I would completely cut out gluten from my diet.

1 comments:

Plant Girl said...

I'm sorry that you're facing the diagnosis of either IBS or Celiac disease. But I hope that a diagnosis and the ensuing treatment plan will help you to feel better.

Goodluck!